First things first, some common questions:
- Why are you leaving?
- To be a stay at home Dad for the next 8 months. The number one goal is to help my youngest to get a solid academic start in Kindergarten for entry into 1st grade next school year.
- Are you really just going to another company and don't want to say?
- No. I am really going off to help me kids.
- I don't plan to work the summer since it will be a chance for the boys and I to do lots of the things we love to do this summer. Swim, hike, bike, fish, camp...to name a few.
- Can you afford this?
- Yes. My wife are I are lucky enough to work high stress jobs that pay us well. So one of us going off is not an issue.
- Are you going back to work at some point?
- That's the plan, I love programming, I love my job. But my family needs me more at this time.
- Are you going to do anything else while you are off?
- I will have 2.5 hours off each morning without the kids (youngest is in half day kindergarten). I have a long list of things I want to do. This is not an exhaustive or detailed list but it includes music, art, running, biking, electronics, and volunteering. We'll see what I decide to tackle.
- Will I be on BBM?
- I will probably have a new account and I should be on BBM. I won't have it on my active phone though so it will be more of a check occasionally and use for Video Chats with family and friends.
- What phone will I use?
- A Windows Phone. We get a great deal through Michele's plan at work (Microsoft). I am looking forward to trying out another platform.
- Don't you have an iPhone?
- Nope. Never have owned one. I have only used work assigned ones for testing our products.
Onto the next adventure.
Only 2 sleeps to being a Stay at Home Dad.