|I don't always take myself|
seriously and I seldom have a
- I'm a born and bred Newfoundlander who grew up in St. John's, Mount Pearl and Conception Bay South in the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- I then lived in Ottawa, Ontario and Kanata, Ontario.
- I now live in Sammamish (30 mins outside Seattle), Washington.
- I was in the Royal Canadian Air Cadets for 6 years.
- I played paintball for 7 years in Newfoundland.
- I went to University at Memorial University of Newfoundland, or MUN for short.
- I love to mountain bike.
- I've run marathons, the highlight was in Paris 2009.
- I love to backpack. Not much beats the sense of being in the wilderness, far from civilization with your house on your back.
- I tinker with Electronics, Arduino.
- I still have my Vectrex from 1984. My kids and I play it now.
- I've painted, drawn, and done various styles of art.
- I've played guitar since 2008.
- As a kid I used to go to sleep with my radio on under my pillow or next to my head so I could listen to music while I slept.
- I still read comics.
- I love to play boardgames.
- I have been a heavy video gamer in the past.
- I once defeated a high level shadow, Ler Rahn, in Asheron's Call during a Shadow Invasion. I was screaming like I had won the Stanley Cup (Super Bowl for you American friends). My parents thought I had gone mad. There is a report on it here where you can search for Kitra-Neu on Thistledown (our game server).
- I started writing code when I was 7 and have been a professional programmer since 2000. Read more on my programming page.
- I've been a member of CocoaHeads, Ottawa chapter.
- I've been the organizer for NSCoder Night in Ottawa.
Licenses I Hold or Have Held
- Drivers License for a Car
- Glider Pilot License (ya, a plane without an engine)
Image: Wikipedia, the Schweizer 233, the
first plane (glider) I learned to fly
- Single Engine Pilot License
- Night Rating Pilot License
|A Piper Warrior, the style plane I trained on.|