To clear a couple things up from the previous paragraph:
- "Early" bed-time around here is 10pm. Anything else is late.
- Christmas Part 2: Held around New Years when some of the Family comes to visit my wife's side of the family. It consists of gift giving and a second Christmas Dinner (most excellent).
As for additional goals. I figured that running all year would help me shed a couple pounds and bring me back to my weight of 175 lbs when I am doing regular exercise (and eating properly). Well, the unstated weight goal last year did not materialize. Oh yes, I lost a little. But no where near what I hoped. What went wrong with that one? Well, for starters I never stated it, I never wrote a plan, hence I stuck to no plan.
No plan for me means, "Ahh, I did a big run, how about a donut? Sure." These are the thoughts and actions of sinking ship before it even sets sail. So, for 2009, call it a resolution if you want but I will call it Phase 2 from Mark's Brain, "Reach desired long term weight." (Phase 1 being run 1000 km a year to keep me on the exercise track.)
Phase 2 consists of the following measurable targets:
- Achieve a 10% reduction in body weight at the beginning of 2009. Current weight is 195lb so we are aiming for let's call it a round 20lb weight loss.
- 2009 Goal weight is therefore 175lb by Dec 31, 2009.
- Post about this goal on my blog so I have publicly stated my intentions (studies show that this helps one stick to a goal).
- Track food daily.
- Figure out target calorie intake and aim to achieve this.
- Cut out crap (opps, I mean the little bit of junk food I still eat, such as the reward donuts). Stick to healthy, whole food rewards such as my favs; dates and almonds.
- Measure the damn dates and almonds.
- Cut out the cream and sugar in my coffees and switch to black or skim. Both very doable for me but I've slipped in the past few months.
- Dear I say, post a graph on this web site tracking my weekly/monthly weigh-ins.