- increased resting heart rate
- lower athletic performance
- prone to illness (colds)
- change in mood (usually subdued for me or not chipper)
Ok so I have fatigue due to not enough sleep the last three nights (back to work schedule and getting up a little earlier in the mornings) and I went too hard on Monday and on Thursday. I also am pretty subdued and having trouble concentrating. Also noticed I made some silly mistakes at work today (which usually is a sign of lack of sleep and being rundown I find).
What to do?
- Rest: Going to bed early tonight.
- Take a Day Off or Cut Mileage by half: Ok I will cut mileage in half tomorrow since I am running in a snowshoe race.
- Eat Healthy Food: I do this as a rule of thumb but I will make sure to avoid sugar the next few days to avoid the sugar downs.