So, first day I decide to ride and here is how it went:
- Last night realize I won't have room for the bike in the car so put the roof rack on at 10:30 (My usual bed time).
- Slice two of my fingers open with copious amount of blood from my thumb. Not sweet!
- Ok got the roof rack done, now pack for the ride.
- Morning comes, repack since it is only 2C out and windy and oh ya it looks like it might rain.
- Ok, start the ride from the garage, it is windy.
- SWEET!!! It's bloody snowing out. SNOWING!@!!
- HEARTATTACK!!! Oh, thank the heavens those two Rottweillers who want to eat me are chained to some heavy stakes. Eck!
- Ahhh the snow has stopped...now it is raining.
- Hmmm...should have worn warmer socks...can't feel my toes.
- Fingers getting numb. I guess I should have worn the winter biking gloves, not the mountain bike gloves.
Finally, I am at work....mmmm coffee.
Overall a good first ride to work. I got my heart pumping and I saved a few bucks gas for one day ;-)
Back to coffee.
Almost forgot, did I mention? I am going running at lunch time today. Here's hoping that +11 high is reached by noon, though I am not holding my breath.