- Once I used to read books or watch movies and think this speaks to me; Now I feel the characters are full of teen angst and are foolish.
- Once I used to think I would know everything; Now I know I have forgotten more than I know.
- Once I used to think my Dad could do anything; Now my kids think I can do anything; Now I know my Dad and I are just guys, making do the best we can.
- Once I used to think old folks at work were jaded; Now I find myself reserving stories so that I don't sound jaded.
- Once I thought I could fly if I ran fast enough and just jumped high enough; Then I read The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and realized it would be easier and less painful to just get a pilots license.
- Once I used to strive to be less childish, I wanted to be an Adult yesterday; Now I strive to be more childlike, enjoy every day, and learn something new each day.
- Once I joked in my High School yearbook that my favorite sport was indoor skydiving; A couple months ago I went indoor skydiving.
- Once I used to think I would be fine being a bachelor my whole life; Then I meet my beautiful wife, we had 2 awesome kids, and I get to wake up each day wondering what adventures we will get into today.
- Once I used to think 40 was old; Today I feel as young as I was when I was 20, with a little more wisdom, a lot less hair, and without that godforsaken vest.
Here's to 40.
|Age 30, Cycling the MS Bike Tour, |
Ottawa to Kemptville, Ontario
Finally, Me at 39
|Cycling with Finn|
|Moustached with Penny and the Boys|
|Snowflake Lane on Harrison's Birthday|
|Daniel's Broiler, At the Top of Bellevue, Chrsitmas|
And of course, my high school (joke) dream, Indoor Skydiving: