Saturday, June 21, 2014

It's Good To Be Back

Kicking the Blerch's ass that is.

Training the week went well for the 1/2 marathon in September.

Saturday's long run had a wicked elevation gain when I decided to try a new route for my 9 mile (14+ km) long run. I ran from the plateau I live on to the trail along the East side of Lake Sammamish.

Here's the terrain profile:



It was a hard run back up to say the least. That one mile took me an extra 4 minutes to climb back up that hill.

I also knew today would be hard but it still kicked the crap out of me. I tried to run around with the kids when I got home but was totally beat and sat out their antics as I recovered.

The best thing though, is I put in the miles, was only 2 seconds per mike off my planned pace, which I think is decent for the elevation I added in.

It's good to be beat kicking out longer miles.

No comments: