|One of the monkeys we meet in Nicaragua.|
I was pretty excited when I woke up and saw so many people were reading my post about being an older developer. I have taken to replying to posts from other people when I have something to add. It's nice to be part of the collective conversation and be able to add my 2 cents to that conversation. To all that gave positive feedback, thanks.
Here is how the week turned out for posts.
- My youngest (5 year old) has really gotten into guitar and singing with me. He loves my homemade instruments and as such wanted a Cigar Box Guitar. So I built him his first guitar last weekend.
- It has been a big year for blogging here at the DroolFactory.
- With a new Cigar Box Guitar for a 5 year old I decided to tune it to Open A to make his first song easier to play and so I needed to do some work on figuring out the Open A tuning so I can teach him to play.
- I responded to a post by Uncle Bob about older developers and my experience as I have aged in the software development field. That post was huge and received over 1000 views the first day. I am happy that I received so much positive feedback on the post and that it resonated with people.
- As an Xcode developer I want to use git as my revision control system of choice. Here is a work around I use when I can not.
- A new software development gig as a tester means I am doing a lot of bug hunting. Here's how I open those bug reports so they are the most useful for the team.