|Strolling the beach on Vashon Island, WA.|
When I was finding my blogging voice again, back in January, I found that I did not know what to write about some days and coming up with posts was difficult. So I did some research, and one of the best posts I found on Blog ideas was 101 Blog Post Ideas That Make Your Blog Hot.
I tried a couple of them and rejected a lot as too cheesy or just not me.
You'll recognize some of the posts as coming from ideas in that list including:
- #2 Review books/products/films - Ya, did a couple of these:
- #9 Tell a Personal Secret - less a secret than something I have never told others was my series of posts on flying
- #16 Write a Song
- I have posted a couple over at my svbtle page: http://mthistle.svbtle.com/
- #17 Create a list of something, ie. a Top 10
- 10 Things People Don't Tell You About Being a Runner
- 10 Things People Don't Tell You About Being a Programmer
- #19 Share your Goals/Dreams
- I shared a dream to travel abroad to do humanitarian work.
- #23 Write a response to a recent post of news
- That's what I did after I read a tweet soliciting developer feedback on the switch to iOS Storyboards.
- #29 Tell a Joke
- A funny interview story was The Sleeper.
- #41 Tell about your latest event experiences
- I did this after a night out to see live music, when I went to see Carly Calbero play.
- Or my report on the Seattle Mini Maker Faire 2014.
- #55 Publish a longer About Me Post
- Done and added an About Page to my static pages.
- #60 Post about your most popular posts
- I did just that in a post about My Top 5 Posts
- #84 Write a series of blog posts - started with the 3 String Cigar Box Guitar Tuning Series
- Starting with Open G Tuning for 3 String CBG and more to come.
So that has been one way I kept my posts flowing.
Good luck blogging and if you have a blog, post a link in the comments so I can go check it out.
Thanks for reading,