|Image: My first two Cigar Box Guitars|
and the new job, I doubt I will be continuing to post regularly. We will see how long I keep up semi-regular posts.
Summer, is full on here now with the boys out of school and starting camp tomorrow. They are very excited but are realizing that Mom and Dad are not going to be off with them and that has them a bit bummed out. Doesn't it for all of us?
This weekend I also was able to fit in another Cigar Box Guitar, my second. That's the 4th stringed instrument I have made now. I was very happy with this new one, it's the one behind/to the right in the photo. It was much easier to make the second. This one's loving home will be with my 5 year old.
- Being a programmer and a geek Dad I want to teach my kids a modern skill that I feel is equivalent in importance as reading, writing, and math; that's right, I am teaching my kids programming.
- A key to success with any goal is a plan and I shared my training plan for the Beat the Blerch 1/2 Marathon in September.
- I took my oldest on a camping and fishing trip on the Yakima.
- Get blown away with the amount of music that came out of Muscle Shoals, Alabama in this documentary.
- I put in my longest run (9 miles) in almost 3 years (a 10 miler in September 2011) and it's good to be back.