Monday, November 3, 2008

Row Row Row Your Boat

I'm such a pansy. I was rowing tonight, after work (at the gym), for 30 minutes and I have two blisters on one hand. Man, that is a sad indication of the pampered lifestyle I (probably many of us) lead.

Ok, so why rowing? Since they have fixed the showers at our gym at work, I am heading back into the gym for some cross-training. Plan is to row, cycle, and do strength training at work. Still trying to find time in the schedule for swimming.

Tonight's rowing routine was:
  • 5 min easy; 1 min hard
  • 1 min easy; 2 min hard
  • 1 min easy; 3 min hard
  • 1 min easy; 4 min hard
  • 1 min easy; 3 min hard
  • 1 min easy; 2 min hard
  • 1 min easy; 1 min hard
  • 3 min cooldown
The great thing about that routine is anyone can do it. Just take easy to be easy, as in not even breathing hard. Make hard as you want. For me, that is row like there is a shark chasing you down.

STROKE! STROKE! STROKE!

No comments: