Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Racquetball

Image: Wikipedia
Sunday I played my first serious game of racquetball. I have tried the game several times over the years but never tried to play by the rules to much as just get in and get a rally going.

We were certainly rusty on the rules and thankfully they had them posted at the door of the court. With that and research the night before we played a match, best 2 of 3, each game to 15 points.

I was able to win the first after a long spell of us learning the ropes and a deadlocked 4-4 before I finally pulled away. The next two games went to my opponent and he got big leads which I came a hair within closing but alas he was able to pull it out to beat me.

The 3 matches (due to our learning as we went) took us 80 minutes. In that time I think I lost 5 lbs of sweat, did 2 impressions of a bird striking a window on the viewing glass, and developed a nice blister on the bottom of my foot. All in all, a good match.

I certainly could use some lessons but here are some helpful resources in case you want to try it out:

No comments: