Saturday, June 7, 2008

Getting Back At It

I have begun training again. Currently, there is no hard and set plan, just running at a reduced intensity for shorter distances as my left knee recovers from the Marathon. My legs felt very good after the race but my first two runs out I have had a twinge in my left knee.

I went fairly easy in my training routine for the Marathon. It being my first, I wanted to finish but did not want to train too hard for fear of injury.

This next training phase I plan to go back to more of my normal training routine. Running a little harder, doing speed work at the track, performing regular strength training, and making sure to get in 2 cross training sessions a week.

So far the goals for this upcoming summer are to find a way to continue training once my new son arrives (due date in 3 weeks), train for a sub-45min 10k in mid-August, and depending on how life with the new baby goes, either run a 1/2 marathon or a full marathon in the fall (plan being to train for the full and if that seems unrealistic, do a half).

Well, I am back in the shoes and running, so the updates should be a little more frequent as I continue training and chipping away at my 1000km in 2008 goal.

Standing at just over 600km in 6 months, will I be able to continue that mileage throughout the year to hit 1200km? Time will tell.

No comments: