Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Paddle Mate: Mapping + Icon

I have added MapKit to Paddle Mate and can now trace my route. That has been pretty cool.

Tomorrow I will test pace, distance, and route updates during a workout. You can also now look at your route while Kayaking.

And I built a first pass for an app icon which i think looks much nicer on the phone than here :-)

Also just started to integrate Realm.io and will post on that more later. I am using Realm.io over CoreData since I have never bought into CoreData's overweight API. I like the lightness of the Realm.io API and I can get behind that. It appears to get out of the way and let me concentrate on the app instead of fighting with CoreData.

We will see in the next few days while I integrate Realm.io into the app to store sensor data (for submitting samples for post workout analysis) and to store workout data including map locations for post workout review.


No comments: