Monday, January 6, 2014

A Space Investment Bubble

I was reading the Asymco post, On the future of the Internet and everything, and I started to think, if Internet investment is set to start drying up over the next 2 years then where will investor money go?

We'd all love to have invested in Apple when they first started out.  But alas that is not the case for most of us.  So, if I was a gambling man where would I look to invest next?

As a child and to this day, I have believed humans will colonize other planets.  I can not think of a better long term investment than in companies planning to turn Science Fiction into reality.

To me this seems obvious, look at these initiatives and tell me this is not a sector where investor money will start to flow:
There is the obvious, SpaceX.  Heck, their mission statement includes "enabling people to live on other planets." Where do you take my money?  Well, they are not taking investments yet, this led me too: The Motley Fool's, Since You Can't Buy Stock in SpaceX…

So, am I crazy?  When will the space bubble begin?


No comments: